A bucket for a bottle
Do you have apple trees? Do you have lots of apples and don't know what to do with them? We can help. And you can help us too. In return we’ll swap your apples for our cider (18+ only)! Bring your apples to the farm in October and you can play your part in next year's Saxby's Cider production.
Here's what to do
- Pick your apples - any varieties will do apart from crab apples. You’ll know when your apples are ripe and ready because they’ll start to fall from the tree or will come off the branch easily when gently twisted.
- If you would eat the apple, we want it. A little bruised is fine, just no rotten apples please.
- Bag or box them up. Please use breathable containers otherwise the apples will rot quickly.
- Bring them to the farm as soon as you can after picking. We will be accepting apples during our shop opening times which are Monday to Saturday, 10am – 2pm.
- You’ll find a big, wooden apple crate outside our shop on The Cider Yard, Grange Farm, Farndish, Wellingborough, Northants NN29 7HJ.
Here’s what we’ll do
- We’ll sort and weigh your apples at the farm.
- For every full 7kg of good, rot-free apples you bring to us, we’ll give you a bottle of Saxby’s 3 Point 9 Cider.
- If the press is running we’ll pop your apples straight in.
Tempted? We will be pressing our own apples during October, so would love to take any of yours during that month. We’ll see you on the farm. Cheers!